Indiana Child Support until Age 19

If you have a child for whom you receive support or for whom you pay support, the age to ask the court to emancipate that child (and thus terminate support) is 19.  However, if you have a child that is intending to go on to post secondary education make sure that you have an order in your case that is before the child turns 19.

Author: Law Office of Maryann Williams, LLC

I have been an Indiana attorney for 28 years. Practicing primarily in the Owen County and surrounding counties in the area of family law, business, and civil practice. I am also a registered family mediator for the State of Indiana.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s